Saturday, June 18, 2005

Being just me, today...

Well, here it goes...I woke up this morning feeling OK, but still unsatisfied with the way the world is being run. It all seems to be going the way of some cheesy Hollywood movie, like Soylent Green or something. We even seem to have the Charlton Heston types running around in rip-stop khaki issuing all kinds of barking commands and orders to everyone that is able to fawn and scrape their way tyo subservience. I was once like that, both types. But I've fopund a much better way. I grab a cup of coffee and let other folks dig their own holes. If they me for help, I'll be there, but until they do I'll watch them instead of TV. More entertaining and usually better for the eyes.

I try not to force myself into the world anymore. At times in the past I needed a shoehorn to fit in. Now I try to be just me for a change, and it can be awkward at times. I must accept the fact that although my formal education was curtailed by my social activities, I am a real geek. I look like a geek, I do geeky things, around some folks I can act like a geek. All these are my impressions, of course. Only god knows how the world views me. Probably from more angles than I can see myself.

So, in the future I'll try to put up some pics of my geeky activities, my geeky friends, and views of the world through my geeky glasses. Just kidding, of course. My friends aren't all that geeky, but they are kind of crazy, and they make me laugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

You strike me as intelligent John, and it comes through both in person and here on your blog. I'm really glad you decided to do this. Let me know if you would like me to link to you from my blog, or if you'd rather be more hidden for now.

And feel free to be as geeky around me as you like. *G*

I'm still trying to find out who "Just Me" is for me, but like you, I am happier with a quieter life now than in the past.

Ok, I'll stop now. Good to see you here! :0)

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home