Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Haiku Tuesday has Hijacked Wednesday...

Sorry for the missed schedule, folks. As some of you know I was wallowing in self-pity and self-hatred and not at all well. Life on life's terms was getting to be a bit much yesterday, and I'm afraid I let it spoil my day in more ways than one.

But never let it be said that you can't start your day over anytime you want. Thankfully I rescued my day in the nick of time. It's amazing what a little fellowship and human connection can do to clear away the insanity of thinking that I'm alone in all of this...this...human condition.

So, here are some more haiku. I was going to try to post some of the pictures of 'The Gates' from Central Park last February, but for some reason the Blogspot picture thingy isn't working as it should. This will be fixed, I hope, and I'll post the pics next week. Anyway, here are the haiku. Hope you like them!


#180
Such are beginnings,
born from sharp pain and labor,
then breathing, relieved.

#17
A scent of damp wood,
piles of smoking, burning, leaves,
a rake on the lawn.

#31
I hear the lovers
downstairs in their morning bed
flying seagulls cry


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I'm glad you rescued your day. :0)

These haiku take me to such different places and emotions. I'll have to talk to you more about them later, perhaps. I'm processing...

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home