Saturday, July 09, 2005

Gardens and growth...

After dropping my new sponsee off at rehab yesterday, I left with a feeling of a job well done. Even though I still had a commitment for later in the evening, I felt that my day had been complete and that I could finally relax. So I went home and had some dinner, not rushing for the door and scrambling to make it to my next appointment. The night ended very well and I drove home, pleasantly tired, and ready for bed. In the end I watched 2 episodes of The X-Files on DVD, and slept until 9AM this morning.

I made a pact with myself that I would get some work done today, before I goofed off. I have fulfilled this promise and finished my entry essay for college. I have also begun some quick work of self-evaluation for other prior learning. The instructions say that this will not be the end-all and be-all of this process. I just need to write some stuff in order to get an idea of what I have learned or where I have worked that may be applicable to my program of study. In the end I became a bit confused, and decided it would be OK if I stopped for a spell. So I went out to my garden for a bit of weeding and tending.

The past weeks rain has showered the thirsty little plot, and today the sun has come out. My tomatoes are showing, and my zucchini are blossoming like nobodies business. Need I mention the basil, once a humble 8 plants, now a medium sized bush? Even my cucumbers and peppers are beginning to trellis, reaching up to the sun and sprouting little flowers. All I did was plant the things, honestly, and give them some water and fertilizer, and off they went. A good example of 'letting go', IMHO.

Good advice for me, always.

Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Sounds like a peaceful and productive day. :0)

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home