Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What an amazing day...

Yesterday afternoon my mothers friend H called. She and I spoke for a bit and then she told me about this cat that had been hanging around her house for the past 2 days. It was little, scrawny, hungry (she fed it), and meowing like mad. She said that she would keep it if it weren't for her allergy to cats. She had immediately thought of our home, so recently missing feline companionship. I told her to check with the neighbors, etc...just to make sure that no one was missing their friend. The short story is that I picked up this little darling, now called Sweetie Pie, this morning. I took her right to the vets and had her checked out. She was free of diseases
so we gave her the first round of distemper shots, wormed her, weighed her (6 pounds), and she is now asleep on the guestroom bed. She ate a lot of kibble when she arrived here, snooped around for a little while, found the comfy spot of the day, and plopped down.

It is truly a blessing to have another rescue cat to come to our aid. It feels quite wonderful to have given this sentient being a safe and luxurious home in which to reign as queen.

I had hoped to find a female under a year old at the shelter. Only HP would have brought a six-month old female to our door to care for and to love. My mother has already grown to love her, as have I. Once she settles in we'll really get to know her.

I am so relieved!

Johnnyboy

3 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Again, I'm so happy for you all! What a happy life this poor kitten now has in front of her...

12:32 AM  
Blogger Perdita said...

I will be looking for pictures
:)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Has her eating improved?

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home