Thursday, February 02, 2006

A quick one...

Went to a great meeting tonight and heard some good, funny, dry (as in subtle), AA humor. The guy that spoke has always seemed to be one of the smart, quiet types with one-liners that most folks don't get. I loved it, though.

I also ran into an AA friend who I swear is now thin! Wayne is a big guy anyway, with a big heart and soul, but his weight, according to him was out of control. So he joined a gym (like me) and stuck to his regimen (unlike me) and has lost over 50 pounds! He made the "Best Success" list for the fitness center. Me? I went for a spell, felt great and then Thanksgiving came and the excuses followed right after. I weighed myself the other day and I haven't gained any weight. I still weigh 210, which is what I weighed when I was at the gym. But I haven't lost any weight either.

So I am inspired. Wayne has shed the weight, and Aravis is starting back, so I will too. I think I'll start slower. I need to drop the bulk, then I'll build the muscle. If I go everyday and briskly walk for 30 minutes, that will do for a while. I have three months before I go to Greece and I want to look decent on the beach, not that anyone at the AA convention will care one way or the other. I care, though, and I remember how good I felt after the exercise.

Mind, Body, and Spirit. School, Gym, and AA. Simple program for complicated folks, like me.

I'm going to try to put up some pics of Sweetie Pie in the next few days. Yes, she is sweet, but don't get your hands too close, or else...Vicious little Sweetie Pie...



Johnnyboy

2 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Harold is wonderful. I was so scared and shy when I came into the rooms, but he befriended me and made me feel welcome and safe. I have adored him ever since, and value his friendship, insights and humor. *G* Wayne is another favorite of mine. He was only 4 mos. sober when I came into the rooms, and we've been friends ever since. He spoke for me at my anniversary a couple of years ago. He looks great, you're right. I'll cheer for you as you commence your diet and exercise regimen once more. Good luck!

Now for the pictures of the wonderful Sweetie Pie...

3:50 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I'm in the same boat as you regarding exercise. I'm tryng to get a routine established, but it's hard doing 9 hours at the plant, then meetings and my small biz.. Oh! and sleep... What's that?

Best wishes for success!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home