Thursday, January 04, 2007

Goodbye Sunnydale, Spyware, Adware, and otherTrojan Horses...

So I finally finished 'Buffy'. The last few episodes were pretty good and left me with a warm fuzzy feeling. I was sorry that Anya died, but the old evil folks have to pay for their indiscretions. Still, it was worth the time spent watching the whole series. Now I can begin 'Angel' tomorrow.

For some reason all my surfing landed me in trouble yesterday when I began to have all these pop-ups (yes, on Firefox even) and warnings about Spyware, etc...Essentially they were all adverts for software that would rid me of the pesky things, but every time I went to one of the sites...yes, you guessed it, more corruption. One bit that I did purchase (for $35) ended up being kicked out by Norton as a virus itself, so I learned my lesson there. I have to take the loss on that one, I think. It may have actually been a legit program...

I was getting pop-ups every 7 minutes (I timed them) so I became fed up and went right to Microsoft. I purchased one of their programs and voila! All gone!

The software detected 5 viruses and 14 adware/spy programs running behind the scenes. It fixed and deleted them promptly. So now I am clean and fresh, so to speak.

I'm tired. Time for bed. Nighty-night...


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

There were some Buffy/Angel crossovers which will pop up as you watch them. I liked the humor of Angel; it's lighter than Buffy in that way. This is one show I miss, though I now enjoy David Boreanaz on Bones instead.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home