Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Conventions, get-togethers, etc...


The 14th Annual SE European International AA Convention in Greece has officially been posted. I will be making my reservations soon, for a three-person room. I can always sell the beds. There is always overflow. The prices have not increased, which is nice because the almighty dollar is tanking. The dates, btw, are May 15-18 2008. The link is not up on the Int'l Events listing yet, but it will be.

I will also be attending the NERAASA (Northeast Regional AA Service Assembly) in New Jersey come February. Since I am my groups GSR and have just been appointed Alternate District Chairperson, I have to go. It will be fun because I am not going alone. It will be me and at least 4 other folks--the District 17 DCM, the other AltDCM, and our Treasurer.

I have been looking for a new eye in my photography. I have made some changes. I am using a 50mm lens, shooting only in b/w, and have switched off the auto focus. the last represents my final step towards full manual operations. Here is a picture I took yesterday. It's all about textures and time. I am calling this 'Stigmata'.

Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Have fun at the conventions, though I'm sure that goes without saying.

I like the way this shot turned out. I've just started a photoblog; it was meant for a class project, but I ultimately went in a different direction. Before I could delete the blog, it was discovered by other photographers who use that blog system, and so I've kept it up. I was just thinking that it might interest you. It's free (unless you choose a subscription package), allows you to post large images and you interact with other photographers, sharing techniques, ideas, etc. If you'd like to check out the photoblog community there, it's:

shutterchance.com

Talk to you soon!

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home