Saturday, July 12, 2008

The First AA meeting in Mostar, BiH....

As I stepped out of the shower this morning my mobile rang. It was my fellow AA and co-worker Janet. She said that she'd swing by at 11:30 to pick me up and that the AA meeting in Mostar had already suffered some kind of sabotage. She didn't go into details, but I can guess that Nada and her 'AA Klub' are trying to hijack the meeting that we have arranged. This is to be expected, I think, especially from someone who's power she feels is threatened by the real AA from the West, and not the Cold War version perpetrated in this area.

So I'll update with the facts when I return later this afternoon, but until then, I won't hold my breath. Janet and I will keep the meeting very simple and direct. What we are trying to do today is clarify what AA is, and more important, what it is not. Whether this succeeds or not is up to the Powers that Turn the Big Wheel.

I have been reading a lot...Some great fiction and also some very entertaining pulpy kind of stuff, mostly crime novels by Christopher Brookmyre and also some supernatural thrillers about a modern day wizard named Harry Dresden, both of which have been very relaxing to read in a can't-put-it-down kind of way. I guess the ''Dresden Files'' have been made into a 13-part series on the Sci-Fi Network. I'll add those to my Netflix account today as well.

That's it for now...More to come.

Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I loved the Dresden Files on SciFi. It was supposed to be a series, but was canceled. I was pretty bummed, and have wanted to read the books since then, but haven't had a chance. They're still on my To Be Read pile.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home