Saturday, June 25, 2005

I have no idea what I'm doing...

I really have no clue. I fumble about, taking advice from people all around me, hoping that this time all will be well. What I have to remember is that life will sort itself out, as if by some design, with or without my input. Having my number in the equation will steer the course along one path or another, but when you get right down to it, I have nothing to do with the navigation. The only choice that I have today is how I react to every situation happening around me. This is how life shifts, I think, hopping from one foot to the other, like an eagerly nervous schoolchild. Much of my reaction must be to accept life exactly as it is today, with no exceptions. I take that back--All of my reactions must reflect this philosophy. Once in a great while, I seem to get a glimpse of some kind of blueprint, like a flash in my brain, but then it's gone. I would love to view the entire schematic, poring over the tiniest of details, past and present. On this blueprint the future is not a pre-drawn section, but rather constantly evolving as the present moves along and becomes the past. What we think of as the future doesn't actually exist. It is always just The Now gradually moving behind us being replaced by something else. The Future is Now. Now is Then. Coo-Coo-Ca-Joob!


I was invited to a party this afternoon, and I actually think I might go. I have coffee on a regular basis with this guy who is a phenomenal drummer. I'll call him Pete, because that's his name. Anyway, he and the band he plays with are jamming at an outdoor party today, up in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, about 45 minutes from where I live. He invited me to go. If I do go, I am guaranteed to run into some folks that I haven't seen in about 4 years, or since I got sober. They all know my history since then, so there are no great surprises. the surprises will be all the other folks I run into. The function is being held at the house of a member of another recovery group, some of whom I met while in jail. This might be weird, it might be great, or it might be nothing at all. But I think I will go. The music will be stunning and fun, that I am sure of. The rest of the shindig will be a reaction, by me, of the outside stimuli being served, like so many canapes. I'll try not to eat the salmon mousse.

Ciao

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I hope you've gone, and that you're having a wonderful time!

It's funny, but you're the second person today to be talking about letting go and following instead of trying to lead. I spoke with Ellen earlier. Perhaps there is a message in this repeated message for me as well? *G*

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home