Monday, August 08, 2005

A bad tooth day...

I think that one of my wisdom teeth is impacting, or the root is growing out of my gum, or something. This means that I'll be seeing the dentist. I'm not particularly excited about this idea. Although most dentists these days are well versed in pain elimination, there is one way they can always make you flinch, scream, and throb in agony for days later: they hand you a bill.

I have no health insurance. My bills are paid for in cash. Stupid, yes. I could probably find a policy somewhere that would help me out, but I am pretty lazy when it comes to those things. At my age I should probably start looking at life insurance as well. Why can't we live in a country where all of those basic necessities are taken care of by the government? Doesn't it seem kind of slimy to you folks that the same people we pay for insuring our health and well-being are the same ones we pay to insure our lives? There has to be money to be made in this business, or else no one would want to do it. I'm not convinced that there is anything altruistic about the insurance business.

I'll keep you all posted about the visit to Painless...

Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Sorry to hear about the tooth, and the insurance situation. I hope all goes well!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home