Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sweetie Pie pictures...





As promised, here are the pictures of Sweetie Pie. She is a darling and extremely feline cat, with a sweet nature except for her inability to play with the soft bits on her paws. I think that the few months she spent in the woods before she was rescued left her with some PTSD of her own. When she wants to play she rolls on her back and exposes her belly, but it's a trap. If I go to stroke/tickle her she grabs my hand with both front paws, claws out, and then bites my hand. If I try to pull away she digs in with her claws and tries to disembowel my forearm with her hind legs. I know that these are "fight" mechanisms that will probably save her, but she freaks out like this a lot. She is very territorial and if you walk past her too closely when she is napping (right!) she will lunge out and attack whichever body part is closest. Needless to say we wear a lot of long-sleeved shirts and socks in this house.

She will be a year old in March, we think.


Johnnyboy

PS-I don't know why Blogger put up duplicate picture of SP on the post, but I can't delete them fr some reason. So I just made them reeeeaaallllyyyy small...

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I love when cats do that. Our Wheezy goes crazy sometimes and acts the same way. *G*

I think the tiny pictures add visual interest, but I believe I can remove them for you if you like. *G* Just email me your login info again (I didn't save it after the links setup) and I'll go in and remove it. :0)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home