Sunday, February 04, 2007

More conventions, traditions, school, etc...

So, dearest globe trotters, there is another AA convention I will most likely be attending this summer, but this is slightly closer to home than Croatia or Greece. It is the 39th New York State HMB Convention in Glens Falls, July 20-22. I just found out tonight, so I'll make my reservations before I leave in may. This will be my first US convention, having only convened in Europe so far. I am excited, as always, for these events. maybe I'll fall in love with some beautiful sober woman, but with my luck she'll be visiting from overseas...

We read Tradition 2 and discussed the thing tonight at a local meeting and there was some good talk. Once again I am reminded that it is a 'we' program, but the traditions keep us from harming ourselves.

I have school both tomorrow and Tuesday nights, and I am ready, I think. I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon with my Independent Study prof, so we'll discuss the rise of European fascism for an hour or so. I have been spending a lot of time on this class (as well as others) for the past two weeks and have read 4 books (plus notes) in preparation. My essay is finished for my science class (Tuesday night), and I have finished the required readings for my American History class tomorrow evening. My cumulative GPA for the past 4 semesters is a 3.89, for 10 classes/40 credits. I really want to ace these three current courses before I head off to Europe. This next trip will actually be counting towards my Fine Arts Gen Ed credit as I am planning to present a piece to a semi-professional group in September for a Credit-by-Evaluation.

Did that make sense?

Anyway...I'm off to watch some 'Monarch of the Glen'. I am enjoying this BBC show a great deal. It's some gentle comedy for my sometimes not-so-gentle mind to digest.


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Congratulations on your schoolwork, John! That's wonderful.

And enjoy those conferences; they sound like fun. And if you meet a lovely lady from overseas, well, you've talked about becoming an ex-pat before. *G*

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home