Thursday, March 08, 2007

Time capsules, snow-mobilers, photography, et al...

Well, what a week! My sleeping patterns have been off again-on again so my rhythms are thoroughly jumbled. This just in time for the daylight savings time shift on Sunday! I have been investigating a patch for my Windows XP service pack 2, but the options from Microsoft did not run after I had downloaded them. I guess I'll just change the time manually...

I recently went into my storage unit at the local storage place. This is where I have stored all of my pre-jail, old apartment, old life, stuff and it felt a bit like opening up a time capsule. It wasn't memories that I found more than an idea about how I used to live.

I lived like a rat. Most boxes are full of books I don't need right now, or kitchen stuff, so I didn't bother. There were other boxes however that were full of small shiny objects and little scraps of paper...old pens, junk, really...I was able to consolidate my storage into one bin and discard a whole lot of old furniture and crap I had been dragging around with me for years. If you want the furniture, it went to 'Lou's Relics', on Rte. 44...

I have dealt with the illegal snow-mobilers. I have re-posted the area where they are trespassing and the sheriff's department has given them a verbal and written warning to not trespass.

I am planning some still life shots in the next few days, so be on the lookout. There are some themes..

Fruit and flowers
Carpentry
Arts and Sciences

I'll be interested in hearing what you think...



Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

It's amazing how much crap we carry around with us until some time goes by and we recognize it for what it is. Good job getting rid of the clutter!

Congrats on ridding yourselves of the trespassers as well, though this deprives you of the opportunity to sneakily behead or otherwise dismember them. This way sounds like less trouble. *G*

I'm looking forward to your photos. :0)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home