Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Making a pledge...

"Photography is 50% photographer, 40% light, and 10% equipment."

The above quote is from a ubiquitous photography website. I do not know who said it, but I like it. It reminds me of the ''90% perspiration and 10% inspiration'' quote.

I am looking forward to going home. I miss my friends, family, and honestly, despite the current economic situation, and all things being relative, I am missing the abundance and ease of the United States. As the numbers show, we are still the biggest with the most. I do not mean to offend anyone with this statement, but it is true. We are also the most tolerant, most devoted to personal freedom, and most likely to continue on that path. Other countries may be equally forward thinking on some fronts, but they tend to suffer on others. In the US we can be easily led as well. But I think the people of the US is still on a committed path of change and growth.

Many countries assume freedom and liberty will be granted to them once the right person is in power, handed out like a bus pass. This rarely happens. In the US our tendency is to fight against the current paradigm in some fashion, whatever it is. Disagreeing is not a crime even though some government people would like to make it so. A couple hundred million people will fight that idea--and they vote (when they feel like it).

So my pledge has nothing to do with the above anthro-political statement. It has to do with my decision to take fewer but better pictures; to try to capture the human moment on film.

That's it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the new photos. When are you coming home?

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home