Saturday, October 25, 2008

Amazing news and some of the same-same...

So...To recap the same-same...

Mom is doing better. We have put her on a mild anti-depressant and should be seeing results soon. She has been on Lexapro for about a month now. She still likes to stay in bed and read, but with weather like we have been having, who could blame her.

My school work is going along, but in fits and starts. I am having real difficulty with the PhotoShop class, mostly due to my inability to speak 'Geek'. I am stymied by the current project, but I'll get through it. It seems as if the person who wrote the instructions for our class wasn't too hot on the English language.

On the fantastic side of things, I submitted six images to an open call for the local arts council and a juried photography show. Three were chosen! I was stunned and amazed, and this makes me happy, although I am humbled by the happening. The opening is next weekend, in Hudson. I'll post the address later.

Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

Many congrats on the juried show! I've entered a couple of these without success. I'm not sure I'll be able to get up there - you should take pics of your pics hanging on the wall and post them!

I agree with you about the class. I don't think the topics chosen are in fact the most important ones for us to work with. I just bought a copy of Photoshop Techniques magazine and I love it. I've already learned all sorts of creative techniques.

Finally, I heart Lexapro. It definitely works. I've gained a lot of weight on it, but the weight is less important than the alternative.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home