Monday, September 15, 2008

School, homelife, and flaming nutters...

So school is going well. I have been reading alot lately and have begun my first of six papers on the Cold War. It's pretty heavy political reading, but I thoroughly enjoy it.

I have also been working on my on-line course in Digital Art and Design. It is a new experience for me, this on-line format, and I find it OK, but not the best way for me to learn. In the long run I could, if I felt inclined, do the entire course in a couple of weeks and then just hand in the work when I am supposed to do so, but I feel that it is enough just to be a week ahead of the curve. CS3 is fun, and not too hard, at least at this level. As the semester progresses, it will become more difficult.

There are two excellent photography exhibits opening in the Big City soon...One is of the artist William Eggleston and the other is the photographer Josef Koudelka. I'm hoping to see both. In their separate ways they both exemplify the image of humanity and the normalcy that makes up the species. Sometimes it is horrible, sometimes beautiful, mostly it can be seen as an everyday occurrence--living.

Mom is doing well. She is tired a lot, but her doctor reminds us of her age and her other issues and her weariness is justified. She is downstairs right now, with a very nice caregiver, while I am here, typing away with a clear conscience.

I have been flamed by some religious loony again. It makes me thankful for the moderation option on this site. I can read the idiocy and the hatred and then dump the whole thing in the trash. And I thought I had too much time on my hands! I wonder what these folks do in their off-time...? It is safe to say that they are irrational medievalists and ripe for the nationalist flag wavers to come along and turn them into the kind of jack-booted street trash that have dominated so many totalitarian regimes.

Watch out America, it could happen here!

Johnnyboy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you make posts about the exhibits when you go see them. Some of us are not in the big city but would love to hear about the photography exhibits. Maybe you could take pictures. LOL

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How horrible to live with such anger that you feel the need to flame others. Sorry you have to put up with that.

When it comes to those papers on the Cold War all I can say is: better you than me. But then, you find it interesting, which helps.

I agree with David (DWQ); be sure to tell us about the exhibits.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home