Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oy! Long time, no bloggink...

Sorry about the long absence cats and kittens. Forgive me. So much has been happening, but really nothing different than the last post...The big difference is in me.

In many ways I am freer than I have ever been. The Caregiving Women who are looking after my mom have given some ultimatums. The first is that I "get a life". They are good friends, and I know what they mean.

Until last March I have been looking after my mother, watching her slow decline, and thinking only of her, for the most part. With their arrival last spring came the 'Freeing of Johnnyboy'. The best way to describe it is that when I leave the house for any reason (gym, meetings, The Big City, etc...) I do not have the thought in my head that I must get home to save the day. What a relief!

I have gone to the movies with a very pretty young woman; today I spent the day in The Big City with friends doing photography stuff; and tomorrow night I am going to see "Under Milkwood" at a nearby summer theater with another friend. I even sleep better, not having to be 'on point' like I used to be. Yesterday I went to an acupuncturist (accupuncturer?) for a session of intense body and energy work.

What will tomorrow bring?

For my photographic friends like Fred here is a cool link that may help you with many of your more retro photography needs...The Frugal Photographer


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Roberta said...

Nice meeting you and Elizabeth the other day. I meant to give my flickr link. My page is lightthatbends.
I really liked your photos at Metro and some of the ones you posted online. Nice work. I will check once in a while. Good luck at school this fall.
Roberta

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home