Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Much ado about nothing...

It seems that my ability to form mountains from molehills still exists. My trip to the dentist was a great experience. What I thought was a dire emergency turned out to be just a small infection on my gum, and not a 'dental' infection at that. The dentist believes that I ate something that cut my gum on a thin spot where it is close to the bone. What a relief! I was sure I was in for a long, drawn out, surgical procedure. I have the normal tartar build-up of someone who hasn't seen a dentist in 3 years, yet continues to brush twice a day with both a regular toothbrush and the special periodontal brush. No cavities, my fillings are fine, and the root canal performed when I was 15 is still topnotch. I've made an appointment for a thorough cleaning next Monday at 9AM. Just to pump them up, this is Countryside Dental, in Chatham, NY, and the dentist is Vicki Cohn.

Sweetie Pie is exhibiting all the symptoms of becoming a happy cat. She has taken possession of the house and its environs. During the past 3 or 4 days we have bonded completely. She sleeps in my office, on my new couch. She follows me around and makes the widest assortment of sounds I have ever heard from a cat. Even Miss Kitty wasn't this talkative. I've had to make a couple of changes concerning her litter box, but she has taken the changes in stride and seems content. I am also trying to get her off of drinking milk, albeit thinned down. It's not good for her insides. I've put out fresh water next to her food dish, but so far no dice. I figure that when she is thirsty enough she'll drink.

She is also a great alarm clock, waking me up at 6AM every morning for her breakfast. This is OK, especially today. I have to go to the garage and have my front wheel bearings repacked in the Jetta. I'm hoping for a quick and painless job today as well. We'll see about that!

Stay tuned for the rest...

Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Great news all around!

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home