Friday, February 03, 2006

Essay blues...

I'm in the middle of a paper for my Lit class. It is an essay on "The Color Purple" and "Thousand Cranes", by Yasunari Kawabata. I've started the damn thing three times and have scrapped two versions completely. It was really a matter of focus. I was too broad in one instance, too scattered in another. This third try seems to be the keeper. I have 4 pages written and I expect to have about 15 when I'm done. I'm using 2 characters from the stories. The first is a genderless, resentful, witch named Kurimoto Chikako, who uses all of her devious, negative, whiles to destroy those she feels have wronged her. The second is from "The Color Purple". Shug is the bawdy, bisexual, nightclub singer who uses all of her charms to free those around her from their bonds. Both women are very powerful yet use their powers in very different ways.

I'm tired and this essay is driving me nutz. I can't wait 'til I'm done with it. I meet my teacher on Monday morning so I hope to have at least a first draft to show him.

I think tomorrow I'll start on my philosophy paper and try to get at least 2 pages of that in the mix. I have loads of reading for my Meso-American class, so that will come on Sunday.


blahblahblahblah


Johnnyboy

3 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Good luck, and try to get some rest amongst all of this...

2:35 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Ya got a lotta work to do! Take good care...

2:44 PM  
Blogger Eric W said...

Enjoying your blog so far.
We have a lot in common, recovery, college, and blogging. I don't share my alcoholism on my blog (kids and jobs). Keep up the good work.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home