Sunday, February 12, 2006

Paper completed, meatballs cooked, snowsnowsnow...

So I stayed up late last night and finished my paper. Actually that's not completely true. I went to bed around midnight and lay there thinking about how to finish the paper when I thought, "What the hell, I might as well do it now." So I did. I ended up going to bed at 3:45am, and slept late, but that's OK. I woke up, had some coffee, read the Sunday Times, and went back to work, this time tweaking, tightening, polishing, writing the bibliography, and the cover page, and voila, the paper, she is done!

So then I went downstairs and made meatballs for dinner tonight with mom. We never have spaghetti and meatballs, so I thought it would be fun and nice to do that. I like making sure that she has a real 'sit-down' meal at least a couple of times during the week. Most of the time she likes to make her own dinner. It's usually a small steak or porkchop with salad while she watches 'Law&Order' or one of those shows. So the sit-down-at-the-table occasion is good for both of us.

The Nor'Easter the weathermen have been predicting finally arrived. It was supposed to start at 9PM last night but didn't get going until around 2AM. It's dumped a fair amount of snow, but it is very cold and the snow is very fine and powdery. I hear that DC and Virginia have around 18" already, and they aren't really used to that kind of weather, so drive safely SamIAm!

I feel pretty relaxed about things, which is great. I think I'll surf around for a while...



Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Congratulations on making the most of your time. The dinner with your mother sounds wonderful!

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home