Thursday, March 16, 2006

Haiku Tuesday on Thursday...

Einstein posited that time was relative. He was right, and the proof is that today is Thursday and I am posting the haiku from Tuesdat today. Where did they go, you ask? They didn't go anywhere, but were right here, on my desk, all along, in another time/space continuum.

Jabberjabberjabber. All excuses. I was lazy, too busy, or something, to post them, but I do agree with Albert anyway.

I received another great grade for a paper--'A-' for my Descartes/Locke comparison. So far so good, and my Lit prof likes my third peice as well, although I haven't received a grade for that one yet.

I visited with my father last night in a nearby town famous for its horse racing and recuperative waters. He is staying for a week at a nearby artist's retreat for a little r&r from school, etc...It was wonderful to see him, although the conversation eventually turned to the subject of my sister and the distance that has grown between them. It is really very sad, and I have spoken of it before, so I won't go into it too much. It is enough to know that we all love her, himself included, and we want nothing more than to understand why she is so closed off to this love. On top of that she is denying him access to his grand-daughter by this chasm of pain she has constructed. This is not healthy for anyone and hurts the innocent the most. But we all love her and our hands are always outstretched. Someday perhaps she can be with us in love and communication and not dwell on the shifty memories she has constructed to further the anger on which she feeds.


Here are the haiku...

#22.
dangerous places
the soul's geography
uncharted, unknown.

#23.
head up in the clouds
feet drifting above the ground
unanchored, astray.

#24.
watching the parade--
humanity walks past the window
of the coffeeshop.


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I really like the first haiku especially. As for your sister, I do hope that someday the relationships can be mended. It's nice that you were able to spend some time with your father, though.

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home