Friday, March 09, 2007

...and more from yesterday...


So to continue from where I left off...

I managed to find a huge quantity of pictures in the storage unit on Wednesday. Most are from a trip I took to Bulgaria in the spring of 2001, but I also unearthed a stash of b/w negatives from a trip to Italy in the spring of 1994. As I recall there were some great shots and a good use of depth-of-field. One has always struck me:

I was walking through a piazza around 3PM and I came out from beneath an archway into the square...There were many people walking about and children playing. One little boy was chasing pigeons and making them fly away. He was running, waving and grinning this amazing smile. I whipped out my trusty Canon AE-1 and quickly grabbed the shot. As I recall I didn't have time to adjust for light, depth, etc...I just focused and pulled. I think the shot was a little grainy, but both his feet are running off the ground and I caught his smile. His feet are blurred, as is the background, but some of the pigeons and the kid himself are frozen.

So I found the negative. I noticed something wonderful about it...I had shot almost the entire roll of film before I took that one. It was exposure #36...What luck! I'll have that one blown up and then put on disc. Maybe I can clean it up some.

About the snowmobilers...The above photo shows my handiwork. What you cannot see is in the two telephone pole sections frozen in the snow. I pounded several large nails that now stick out. Anyone who crosses those will get stuck and most likely damage their sled. But, since they are trespassing, I am not liable for any of the consequences. To top it off, I called the trespassers to tell them about the 'obstacle', but not what it was. So there...

Mom comes home tonight and it will be a very welcome homecoming. My sober sister is coming with her. I have dinner almost ready, towels laid out, and all the things that make home just that...Home.


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I hope you'll share that photo from Italy when you have it; it sounds wonderful!

Your Welcome Home touches sound so warm and inviting, as opposed to your preparations for the snowmobiler, which does not. *G*

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home