Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Let sleeping dogs...go back to sleep.

After the incident on Sunday night, I was concerned about sabotage, fallout, or whatever. Honestly, I was nervous about sticking my head out the door. But I threw caution to the wind and headed out into the world.

So far, so good. This puts in sharp relief the tendency I still have to blow things out of proportion. I also tend to let others live rent free in my head...still! I guess in most cases this would not happen, but here in Međugorje it did. I have decided to not bother anyone else with the issue, and certainly not bring the topic up again. Henceforth, I will refer to it as 'the topic'.

I ended up talking to another AA about it, though. This fellow knows something about being controversial in this place and as a Roman Catholic, seeing as he is gay. He's a really nice guy and talked me down from my fear and reminded me that anywhere else I might have been able to have a civil discussion about 'the topic' but not here in the heart of fundamentalism. He reminded me to keep my business close to my chest as well, seeing as this is a small town and people are really bored. Therefore, one's own business is very interesting to them.

Today has been a cloudy and cold day, with frequent high winds. Not much of a summer scene, but it will change. I had nothing to do today so I read, had lunch, napped, had some coffee, and now I am here updating. Tomorrow bodes more of the same, but the sun is supposed to return in the afternoon. Friday I head off early for a blissful and anonymous weekend alone in central Bosnia to the small town of Jajce (Yay-yets-say). I return on Sunday evening. Monday through Wednesday are pretty busy and then just two days until I leave this one-god-town.

Not a moment too soon...Go back to sleep now doggy. Good dog.

Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I'm glad you had someone from AA to talk to who also understands what it is you're going through, who can commiserate.

Enjoy your next few days. :0)

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home