Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The results of paranoia...

I didn't exactly sweat through the night, nor did I go to work dreading the inevitable, which is a good thing, because nothing happened. The final analysis?

I am paranoid. My fragile ego still thinks that people are talking about me, scheming, planning, behind my back. I had this vision of me locked in a room and being told that I cannot come out until I accept Holy Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, blah, blah, blah...What rubbish!

Nothing happened--except that I helped to load 26 huge garbage bags full of donated clothes into a storage room and then spent the next hour downloading pictures to my co-workers computer. That was it.

On another note, I have decided to sell my little PC laptop and buy a Mac to replace it. This unit will stay off the Internet and be used strictly for movie, music, and photo work. The one I am looking at is this one. I will be able to run all my old Windows software like Word and so forth, plus it will work better with my new PhotoShop CS3 setup. There is also a program called Aperture 2 that looks nice. Also...I get a discount since I am buying it as a student, which is good because it is very expensive.

Tonight is my penultimate AA meeting here in Međugorje; I have purchased my bus ticket for Saturday; All I need to do is pack my bags and...

Leave.

Johnnyboy

3 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

I have a PC.

I thought about getting a Mac back when we got our laptops, but we (SO and I) were a bit concerned about compatibility with our software at work. Since then, Apple has made great strides in this area.

I know other people who have Macs and love them.

Are you having problems with CS3? I'm still pondering whether or not I should take that digital study....

3:09 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

There are only 3 slots left in Carol's section, so I registered so I at least have a spot. Still not sure - I want to take non-silver printing and the ICP catalog doesn't come out until sometime in August. Plus, this brings me up to 3 courses: large format, studio seminar, and digital art.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Just wrote to my mentor to tell her a snagged a spot in that study. She wrote back to remind me to take classes with a variety of mentors.

Ugh...so confused...head is spinning....

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home