Monday, July 25, 2005

A really great day...

I'm just posting a small entry...The X-Files call...

Had a great day today. I just returned from a commitment in Poughkeepsie with Wayne and Joe, 2 friends from AA. We spoke at a transition housing unit connected to the Hudson Valley Psychiatric Center. Some really low bottoms in there, but all of the residents were eager and friendly and polite. I think some will make it, at least I hope so. I left with the same good feeling about my own sobriety. I am doing OK today, and it's all because I am sober and able to show up for life. What a relief this is all turning out to be. I can make it through crises big and small and not drink or check out in any way. I'll write more about this later, but now it's time for more Mulder and Scully.

Johnnyboy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home