Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Rainy inky hills...

And it's another installment of Haiku Tuesday. I've had a really good day so far. My meeting went well, lunched with some friends, and now I'm home with a summer rain coming down to beat the band. My mother drove to Boston this morning to bring my sisters dog, Henry, home from his vacation in the country. He's very happy to be back in Lexington with Jojo and Mo and I'm sure he's fast asleep already.

My garden is going crazy. I now have zucchini as well, but we need a good bout of sunshine to dry out the rain and turn my tomatoes a new color besides green. All in good time.

Here are some haiku...

#50.
Yellow swollen sky
releasing soaking downpours:
an empty garden

#4.
I dream of raindrops
and sunshine warm and steaming
the green leaves on trees.

#18.
The night is still hot
and moves slow, like inky mud.
When will the rain come?


Until tomorrow...
Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Lovely imagery, as always. And no need to guess at this week's theme! :0)

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home