Monday, September 05, 2005

The weekend that was...

After all the self-centered loathing of the past 3 or 4 days I think I am beginning to put these things behind me. My own fears are just that--my own. Apparently my favorite noon meeting is going on just fine without me, and why shouldn't they, fer cryin' out loud! I still haven't heard from either my sponsor or any of those really involved about my wierd mass emailing of an amends. I did hear from some folks, just not the ones...hmmm...let it go...let it go...

I spoke tonight at a meeting in Connecticut, and boy did I need to do that. I needed to blurt out a little honesty to people that have no idea about the context, but only hear the craziness and the confusion that can come to someone like me, still newly in sobriety. I guess I can fool myself into thinking that I have a handle on things when really I have nada.

I'll spend the next few days reviewing my philosophy text for class on Friday.

I'm also finishing up a model, an Ansaldo Balilla A-1, an Italian fighter plane from the First World War. It's quite beautiful and looks like a boat with wings. All varnished wood and linen. Very pretty, but cut up the skies pretty well for its time. I'll post a pic when I get it finished.

My mother feeds Sweetie Pie too much, and I find little kitty gag wads of half digested Science Diet kibble around the place. Apparently the cat makes a pleading cry and mom feeds her. This is all very Pavlovian. I've left a note reminding her to feed her 1 cup of food all day.


Now my italic thingy is stuck! What is going on here? Ok, now it's off. I don't get it. It should be italicizing as I write, seeing as the little icon is highlighted, but no, I have to get the different one. Why does mine always have to be different?


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Because you're terminally unique. *G*

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home