Saturday, October 01, 2005

No more X-Files...

Well, it's done. I have successfully watched all 9 seasons of The X-Files, including the movie, in about 3 months. I really loved the shows. I felt the development of even some of the minor characters was well done, and the show played especially well on the back story elements. Everyone was really fleshed out by past histories and old connections. Of course, the final show was left extremely open-ended, with Mulder and Scully safe (we hope) in each other's arms in a motel in Roswell, NM. Yes, the alien invasion begin on December 22nd, 2012 (also the end of the Mayan calendar, which they alluded to in the episode), which gives them enough time to film another movie for those in withdrawal. Strange, though, I have a feeling that the new movie won't be out for a while, perhaps a little over 7 years, coming to a Christmas movieplex near you, on, yes, you guessed it, December 22nd, 2012.

I really hope not. I'd rather it be next summer.

My philosophy paper is panning out. I really hope it's well received. I have no real idea what I'm doing sometimes. I mean, I know the facts, and I've read the text over and over, but I am really worried about how the paper will be received. Anyway, I have yet to write the closing paragraph and set out on revision. It's not due until Wednesday, so If I really need to, I can rewrite a bunch. I've finished my College Writing I homework, so it's just me, Plato, and Aristotle.

In the realm of new stuff to watch, I have some bad news. I recently rented the new movie version of "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". I have read the books (all of them) many times, and own a copy of the original BBC TV show. I love all of Adams' writings and include him on my list of Really Smart Guys Who Aren't Around Anymore. I have only one thing to say about the new movie...

It really sucks. Big time. suckysuckysucky. Don't waste your money to see a wonderfully witty and erudite piece of written comedy turned into a big pile of crap. I advise anyone, wait until it comes on TV and watch it for free. Then turn it off. The only people who will like this movie are the people who have never read the books or even know anything about Adams. They are all genetic descendents of the Golgifrinchams. They'll say it was 'cute', and 'I didn't like the robot, he was depressed', or 'The effects were cool.' Arrgh! If Douglas Adams is conscious of what's going on, he is having a hard time not throwing up.


42

P.S. I'm going to start watching 'Dark Shadows' on Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I was going to ask you what you were going to watch next now that the X-files are over. Now I know.

What I'm not clear on, however, is the true nature of your feelings for the recent film version of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Did you say you liked it, then? *G*

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home