Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Haiku Tuesday...almost Autumn

Not much going on around here except that the wind is blowing, the leaves are turning, and it seems to be a little grayer in the sky than usual. I love fall. I am a seasonal person, needing the changes from Winter to Spring, etc...

The Autumn harvests are the best. Squashes, apples, pears, late tomatoes and corn, all great stuff. I can smell the roastie-toastie aromas of home kitchens everywhere.

I'm a little sore from going to the gym yesterday, but I can't wait to go back tomorrow and have a go at my second session. I will lose the weight, keep it off, eat better, sleep better, and gain much needed muscle, especially in my back. I think that my gut is a result of my weak back. I tend to slouch.

Here are the haiku...


#10.
Trying to explain
how much I miss and love you
over the phone lines.

#26.
Saxophones motor
the drumming wheels of hi-hats,
steered by pianos.

#38.
A slow groaning turn,
felt, rather than seen or heard,
as I sit and breathe.



Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I've just caught up on all of your posts while I was away. It sounds as though you have a handle on things. Good luck as you go through this step process. The philosophy sounds fun, and I envy your ability to work out at the gym. Because of my wrist I'm no longer able to do so. I really need to sit down and work out an exercise program that I can do, as I'm getting flabbier myself. Ah, one thing at a time.

Good to see you again! :0)

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home