Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I am a lazy man...

I haven't posted in a while, so please forgive me. It has been a great few days, full of writing, meetings, and more good grades from school. My 'persuasive' paper on Harriet Miers was a big success in class and the general consensus is that there isn't a whole lot left to do before I hand it in 2 weeks from now. This is good news because I have my work cut out for me with another paper due next Tuesday.

There is a woman in my class, a girl really. She's only 19, and she is overwhelmed by the work we have to do. Maybe her schedule is too tight, I don't know, but tonight she became very angry and announced to the class that she shouldn't be in the class to begin with, etc...

I can identify. I remember when I was 19 (barely). The world was pretty overwhelming to me then, so I can't imagine that being that age has become any easier. Plus, I think she's a mother, wife, and all that, so she has plenty of balls to juggle. Actually I think she became a little intimidated when we all read each others papers and critiqued them in class. I didn't particularly like the process either. It was kind of embarrassing. To be honest her paper needs some work, but she can write, spell, and all that, so it's just a matter of finding a voice. This is, of course, the hard part of writing: finding a voice and letting it sing out loud. She'll end up making whatever decisions she has to make, but I think she's stuck with this class seeing as we only have one more meeting to hand in our final work.

Boy, do I want to rest on my laurels and goof off...

I can't really afford to do that, though. I have been neglecting my modeling, which is a very healthy and meditative activity for me. I'll get back to that tomorrow afternoon for a couple of hours.

So I missed Haiku Tuesday...Never fear. I am King of this Blog so I can proclaim that today is "Haiku Tuesday on Wednesday Night!" Wow! What festivities! Balloons, garlands, confetti, and everybody gets an extra piece of cake! Hoopla!

Here you go...


#115.
From where I'm sitting
the raindrops are erupting
from the mud puddles.

#201.
High above the land,
echoing through the grey clouds,
geese are traveling.

#216.
If I were insane
I would never really know
unless they told me.



Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I really am insane, but wouldn't believe anyone who told me so. I would only believe myself. *G*

Glad that your paper turned out so well. Best of luck with your final!

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home