Sunday, December 11, 2005

I'm a slacker...

I figured I'd post a little nonsense and maybe kill some time today. That's not true, actually.

I've reworked my final assignment for my College Writing class so that's done. I've printed out my essay on Harriet Miers, with the suggested improvements made by the class and the teacher.

I've researched AA meetings in Boulder, Colorado. I used to live there, about 16 years ago, and was thinking of flying out there this winter for a few days. You know, old stomping grounds and all that. There are 50 meetings in Boulder alone, 7 days a week. Lots of sobriety out there. I wonder if any of my old drinking buddies are in the rooms? I hope so, for their sake and the sake of others.

I took care of some AA business for a group that I belong to in A Nearby Town. I'm the literature guy, so I had to write a check or two.

It's beautiful outside. White and cold, with no wind. My cat is going insane, I think. She wants to play her games of hide-and-seek-and-attack-without-warning. These can get bloody (for me!) if I'm not quick. I think the weather is making her crazy. She missed a lot of the snow last year. She's still a kitten, after all. Her birthday is in late March, we think.

I'm off to an Al-Anon/AA Christmas party this afternoon with my sponsee, Robin. For those of you who don't know, Al-Anon is for the family and friends of those in AA. Usually the actions and lives of drunks have caused havoc and misery or just confusion for the normal folks around them. But it's good for AA's to go to Al-Anon as well, if only because they deal with drunks all the time.

I think that my whole family could use a little program. Two of the children (a sister and myself) are in recovery and our actions have caused all kinds of ups and downs within the group over the years. Of course no one will ever take hold of any program just because they need it. They must want to change in order to grasp the concept and program of action. The two of us are changing, and I'm not always sure the rest of the clan likes it. We don't play the old games anymore.

My mother is going to Maine for Christmas. This will be great for her and give me some time to myself. I'm going to a friends house on Christmas Eve for dinner which will be fun. I'm making baklava for dessert. The rest of the time I'm going to chill out, read some philosophy (Hobbes) , make a model or two, and keep my regular meeting schedule.

Well, that's all for now. I guess, for a snowy Sunday in December, I'm pretty busy...

Happy Birthday JoJo!


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

The Christmas party sounds nice. I hope you're able to take that trip to Colorado; that should be fun!

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home