Monday, September 18, 2006

My weekend with Pop....

So the weekend went very well. The drive was long (8 hours) but my me and my father had a great time. I must admit, though, that at times it felt like something out of the 'The Family Afterward' chapter in the Big Book. I have changed. I'm no longer as talkative with him as I used to be, and I was very content just sitting, reading my homework. He kept asking how I was...That was strange. I finally told him that he didn't have to work that hard to please or entertain.

I went to a meeting on Friday night and was picked to speak, so that makes three weekends in a row that I have qualified. That's how it goes for me. I don't qualify for almost a year and then whammo!...three in a row. I guess it's time.

I thought I had more to say, but that's it.


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I'm glad that you were able to spend this time with your father, and that it was mostly positive. :0)

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home