Sunday, April 15, 2007

Papers done, photo-art, and luggage obssesions...





















So I am still dealing with the last little hacks of this cold, which has now decided to camp out in my sinuses and lungs. That means a trip to the doc again for some anti-biotics. I have to kill this thing before I travel overseas.

Two of my four final papers are finished! That means with two weeks left in the semester, I have to write two more pieces and I will be finished. I was getting stuck in the world of 'trying to impress others' instead of pleasing myself. Now I am back on track and enjoying my work once again.

These are two pictures of some local archeology...Actually they are part of a series called 'Archeology 1' that I am shooting as a way to exercise my eye to observe the special in normal circumstances. One is called 'Archeology 1--Holy Wheel' and the other is 'Archeology 1--Shades of Red'. They are pretty self-explanatory.

I have an obsession. It's about luggage. Not suitcases (God forbid!) or even those weird little rolling suitcases thingies, unless of course you own one in which case, they're OK. What I am talking about is the Search for the Perfect Shoulder Bag. This is the item that carries my life minus clothing. By this I mean passport, money, cameras, notebooks, pens, tickets, etc...I have quite a few, most of which have worn out or otherwise served their purpose. I have a new one on the way which may suit my needs. It's slightly larger than my current messenger bag, which I am using for school. It is non-descript, sturdy canvas with a wide strap, and several side pockets. It may be, however, that I hate it and send it back immediately.

I'll keep you informed.


Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

This is a good exercise, and I like the results.

Congratulations on the papers. I'm getting there myself.

Feel better, and good luck with the bag!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home