Sunday, May 13, 2007

I'm in love...

Actually I love the way she makes me feel. Her name is H. (for anonymity) and she lives in Finland. Yes, the distance is great, but that only makes the heart grow fonder. It also gives me an actual reason to move in the direction of relocation. As an EU citizen I could do this. I imagine summers in Finland and winters somewhere with more sun. She is darling, smart, and reads my mind. I can't say enough about her.

The Croatian Convention was a great success for me. I learned many things about my own character assets and defects while overcoming terrible temptations to drink due to emotions over my cousin's death. I discovered that I can feel love and not be afraid and want to run away at the concept of commitment. I can learn to laugh at those who live in a divided and sycophantic AA community and understand that because they are sicker than most, they deserve even more love.
All of this is truly a gift---the promises coming true as I sit here. Fear will no longer be something to fear, but rather a concept to examine and put in its place.

Wow. And to think I still have one more convention to go to and another three weeks of travel after that. Blessed? Let me count the ways...

1,2,3,4,5,....Ha!

Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you, you. I'm flattered :)
But above all, I'm really, really, really tired. Talked to you on the phone earlier, nice, but not the same as having you there in person (no s**t Sherlock?!?)
About everything...can we agree on "easy does it", "one day at a time" and maybe, just maybe; "think think think"...? :)

Now I'm off to bed. And what a huge, lonely, empty bed that is... (well,not when I finally get into it, but...)

"Talk" to you tomorrow, sleep tight, and all that.

I'll be trying to move from a surreal mindset back to reality over night :)
xxxxxxx (and zzzzzzz), H

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home