Thursday, September 08, 2005

Apology and synopsis...

I apologize to (all) my devoted reader(s) about the long gap in entries. It's been a strange week, full of realizations, responsibilities and the usual things that can clog up one's free time.
But all is well here in Somewheresville. Here are some notes...

1. The X-Files made a huge mistake when Chris Carter began filming in Los Angeles, instead of Vancouver. From what I've read on-line this had to do with David Duchovny's whining about the weather and the amount of rain he had to endure. Also Gillian Anderson's hair is naturally curly, but Dana Scully's, her character, is not. I guess they had some issues with friz on the set. To both of them I say "Sphlllt!". Following season 6, all the episodes were filmed in or around California, which gave them that horrible generic feel of the California outdoors. We have all seen it, think 'Little House on the Prairie' and all the rest. It all seems too manicured or something. Boring...And as if that wasn't bad enough, the story lines started getting way too comic and lighthearted for my taste. It's as if LA went to their heads and they all suffered some kind of IQ drop. Gone are the days when Mulder is pursuing the Holy Grail. It's as if he has entered some sort of 12 Step program for the paranormal. He has come to accept his belief in Little Green Men, and he can't change them. What I really want is more episodes using all the info we know about the two agents--ace pathologist and skeptic and the best serial killer profiler to have his sister abducted by aliens. This is a futile wish, however, because soon I will be embroiled in season 8, Mulder will be gone, and Scully will be soon to follow. No wonder they folded after #9. They ran out of ideas. They took the Myth-Arc as far as they could take it.

2. My first college class in over 20 years is tomorrow at 4PM. I will be sitting down with my faculty mentor, Dr. Charles Fox, and discussing early Greek Philosophy, up to Aristotle. I have spent the last 4 weeks reading, highlighting, and taking notes. I think I'm the only student that he has for this semester, and since this is a seminar-type program, it is sanctioned by the college. For the life of me I can't seem to remember much of my reading. I hope that this isn't reflected in my question/answer session with prof. I'll certainly log an update tomorrow evening.

3. Haiku...missed on Tuesday, but here they are. They have been waiting in the wings, with Zen-like patience, nodding their heads and smiling...

#220.
In the chilly fall,
I wrap warm thoughts around me,
like soft summer nights.

#177.
The joy of sunshine,
the foolishness of the rain;
sudden autumn clown.

#208.
I wake before light,
before the cock crows morning,
and breathe in the dark.



Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Good luck with your class tomorrow. Can't wait to hear about it!

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home