Friday, October 07, 2005

Bed rest? never...

My little scheme of going to bed really early and sleeping like a log backfired. I lay down at 9:30 and immediately knew that it wasn't going to happen. So I lay there for a while, about 2 hours in fact, until I finally rolled out of bed and went into my office and worked on a new model for a spell. Then I surfed around websites that are sure to cascade me with nasty spam (Thank you, Norton!) until I thought, "well, it's 12:30, now I can sleep..."

Nope

I finally fell asleep at 6am after having a cup of decaf with mom at around 5:30 and crawling back to my room. It felt horrible, like those bad mornings after doing too much white powders and hearing the birds chirping and you're still wide awake and somewhat delirious. It really felt kind of druggy. Then I decided to look at the label on the CVS brand Tussin, non-alcoholic cough syrup.

"May cause sleeplessness" Now they tell me!

Now my cold is gone so I can pitch the cough syrup. I'll have to postpone some of my plans today (gym, homework) because I still don't feel 100%, but I know I'll sleep tonight, dammit!

I managed to get some chores done, though. I cleaned off the porch in time for winter, cleaned out the birdfeeders, and washed and dried a big load of laundry. Now I'm yawning and feeling like a nap may be order...


Johnnyboy

2 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I switched to Tylenol Cold tablets, which has a formula for night as well as one for days. I don't know if you've ever tried it, so I thought I would mention it.

Thanks for your sterling recommendation of me on my blog. A tuba? Really? *LOL*

2:04 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Thanks for your comment on my site. The bit about Sweetie Pie, though, was worded funny:

"I am loving the rain, but not Sweetie Pie."

Does that mean that Sweetie Pie is upset over the rain, or that you're not loving Sweetie Pie just now? *G*

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home