Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A quiet Tuesday...

The farmer who lives down the road came today and mowed our fields. I also made a short list of fall things-to-do, like clean the bird feeders and hang the storm doors. I finally made it to the hair cutters and had my hair cut. I took a nap. A pretty uneventful day all around. With the flurry of finishing my first college essay in 20 years out of the way, there didn't seem to be as much to do today. So I guess today was a maintenance day.

My gym routine is working out (no pun intended) and I am beginning to see results. The small amount of muscle mass that I have accumulated is already firming up my soft bits and I'm sleeping better. The endorphin output is making my head more calm as well.

I'm cooking dinner for mom and me tonight. We're having broiled Tilapia, Delicata squash, and mashed cauliflower. Then I'm off to a Big Book study group for a spell. So, it's all good, as the Kids of Today are wont to say.

Here are the haiku...

#19.
The morning mist hides
turkeys, pheasants, a young doe,
quietly at peace.

#49.
The dark gray slate heats:
the sunlight bathes and caresses
the small sleeping snake.

#80.
Crisp crunch, juice bursting,
tasting honey laden boughs:
the fall's new apple.



Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

You have that talent for painting pictures with your words. Your haiku this week especially struck a chord in me. This is my favorite time of year, when I am most focused on the natural world around me. I believe you caught some of that awe and love for the beauty of nature here.

As for working out, I always loved it for precisely the same reasons. I slept better, felt better and looked better. I'm glad you're feeling the same effects, and are happier and more relaxed as a result. :0)

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home