Friday, September 16, 2005

Homegroup vote...






My former homegroup has become a rudderless ship. At today's business meeting those that were in attendance officially voted to not keep the discussion on alcoholism (as AA advises) but to open all the meetings to any discussion having to do with any addiction. I do not agree with this decision, but I have no control over a rudderless ship and I am not about to try to steer her. I will stay sober anyway and focus on my sobriety and the truths that feel are written down in both the 12 Steps and the 12 Traditions. My sponsor would like this group to now become a kind of bastion of open-mindedness against the strict rules that apply to AA as a whole.

Like Bob Dylan said, "You go your way, and I'll go mine..."

I'm posting some pictures from my trip to Croatia last spring. Just some incidental snapshots of a beautiful country that I truly love.


Johnnyboy

2 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

There are noon meetings in Lakeville at St. Mary's if you need a change and like the time slot.

These photos are wonderful, John!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shot with the building reflection in the cars totally rocks. Excellent stuff.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home