Monday, August 15, 2005

Meeting and speaking...

When I arrived at my Sunday night meeting the doors were locked in the church. The 2 or 3 of us who were there early picked up the ball and decided to meet in the small room beneath the Parsonage. So we found a room, someone found a coffee pot, and the meeting happened. Our speaker didn't show, so a volunteer was asked for. A long silence was answered "OK, I'll do it...", by me. So I spoke, which was really good. It went down well, and I have remained sober for another day, which is a miracle and a blessing in itself.

I think that I have an infection in my neck. One of the salivary glands underneath my jaw seems to be swollen, and it hurts slightly after I have eaten. I have self-diagnosed via the internet, but thankfully I am not so grandiose as to believe an amateur (me) opinion. I will make an appointment with my MD and see what he thinks. I hate this, I really do. All my worst fears are coming to the surface regarding this uncertain future.

Sweetie Pie is still in heat, although it seems to be less intense than it was 2 days ago. Dr. Hart will take care of that on Wednesday, thank god. The poor dear is in a kind of agony that I can only witness through hearing her yowl and watching her writhe on the ground. She goes for about an hour or so, then collapses in exhaustion and sleeps soundly for a spell. Then she starts up again.

I will take this life one day at a time, and hope and pray that all comes out well in the end.


Johnnyboy

2 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

It sounds as though it was good for you to speak tonight. I hope you feel better soon!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Perdita said...

Ah, the evil internet.
Don't fret till the Dr. says to.

My friend had swollen lymph nodes for 2 weeks (thanks to the internet everyone at work finally decided he had the plague)...Good news, it was just allergies.
And the last brain tumor was just a clogged ear canal.

rule of thumb: being your own worst critic also applies to self diagnosis.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home