Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tuesday with yet some more haiku...

I need to find out how to make pictures of my jailhouse art as well. Maybe by next week I can put up the visual stuff as well as my writings. Well, anyway, here are the haiku for today...

#1.
The narrow window
that lets in just enough light
to read your letter.

#8.
A shined steel mirror
throws a wavy reflection
on my waking face.

#9.
Walking to and from
one cold room to another
watched by cameras.


These were early works, obviously, before I started to write more about nature and what I knew to be outside of the walls of the jail in which I was housed.


Johnnyboy

2 Comments:

Blogger Perdita said...

I never married
fear of lifetime commitment
now gray bars hold me

11:35 AM  
Blogger John D.C. Masters said...

very interesting...thankfully your gray bars were not mine. From whence do you hail, Perdita? I'm grateful to be out of there, still sober, and on my way to living. They say life begins at forty, right? My bags are packed.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home