Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Damn, I missed haiku Tuesday, but wait...


It's only 11PM, so Tuesday isn't over yet. I can still post the haiku and a pic of my newest model build. So without further ado...

#200.
It's going to rain:
storm clouds, darkening, pregnant,
labor high above.

#204.
Reaching skyward, high
above, grasping through the clouds,
cool, wet, on hot hands.

#232.
Wrinkled velvet skin,
smiling eyes and loving face:
my aging mother.

So, not much else to report. Tomorrow my sister comes down from Boston to visit for the night. I'm hoping to take her to my Wednesday night meeting across the border. These days I usually have a class on Wednesday night, but I'm off tomorrow. It will be good to see those folks after a few weeks.

So the model is of an Albatros C-III, a two-seater used by the Central Powers during WW1 and for many years after the war by other nations in assorted capacities. Sturdy, reliable, pretty quick for its size (88mph) and flew pretty easily. "Albatros" was the name of the company that built them, a company that still builds military aircraft today. This particular craft was made of a laminated pine fuselage, which I tried to capture with the paint job. I think I did OK.



Johnnyboy

1 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

This turned out beautifully John! I hope we see you tomorrow night, complete with sister. But without would be fine, too. :0)

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home