Sunday, February 19, 2006

Self-validation...

Through the labor that I am performing today in recovery I am learning how to feel right about myself. I am discovering that I do not need to look to others to validate my feelings or my actions. When I am upset or serene it is because of something that I am doing, not what others do around me. When I succeed or fail it is because of the work that I have done, not the judgments of those in my presence. When I do not know the answer or feel unsure about my path I ask for help, either from my God or a person wiser than myself. I am beginning to love myself and therefore able to love everyone else. I understand that many people do not yet have these gifts . For them I reserve my compassion, love, and patience. I pray that those without may find a similar peace.


These are the terms with which I live.
This is life on life's terms.



Johnnyboy

3 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

These are good words to live by.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Excellence. Acceptance is the key.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Rex said...

Great Share. Thanks for reminding me that it is all about my acceptance....

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home